How to Watch RSL on KSL, FAQs & Troubleshooting Tips
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – KSL TV and KSLSports.com are proud to partner with Real Salt Lake to bring you live digital coverage of team’s games. There are a number of ways to watch on your digital devices.
Watch on Roku, AppleTV or Amazon Fire TV
Millions of homes in the United States use an over-the-top (OTT) device like Roku, AppleTV or Amazon Fire TV, and in a digitally-savvy state like Utah, that holds true for many of us. If you have one of these devices, add the KSL TV streaming channel to watch Real Salt Lake, Utah Royals FC and Real Monarchs matches.
You can also watch KSL TV newscasts LIVE, video news segments and much more. Add the channel to your digital line-up today.
Watch on a Mobile Device
If you’re on the go, you can watch RSL games on your phone or tablet. Keep in mind, the games are “geo-fenced,” meaning you can only watch within the team’s footprint due to MLS rules. Depending on your service provider, your phone may place you outside of the geofence. Scroll below for information about problems with geo-fencing.
Watch on Your Computer
You can watch Real Salt Lake matches from your computer or laptop simply by going to KSLSports.com/rsl-live.
Are you having trouble watching RSL on KSL in the KSL TV app or on KSL.com? Need help understanding how geofencing works? This video from Brian Dunseth and Ethan Millard will hopefully help you get everything sorted out.
RSL on KSL: FAQ
- What Is RSL on KSL?
- Geofence Restrictions: Where In The United States Can I Watch RSL on KSL?
- Help! I’m Inside The Geofence But I Still Can’t Watch The Live Game! Why?
- I’m Outside The Geofence. What Options Do I Have?
- Where Can I Download The KSL TV apps?
- Where Can I Watch The Games on KSL.com?
- Can I Cast From My Phone to My TV?
- Do you make game content available after the live games?
01) What Is RSL on KSL?
RSL on KSL is a first of its kind partnership between a local broadcaster and a professional sports team. Instead of broadcasting Real Salt Lake’s live games on TV or radio, KSL will be streaming them to fans within a regional geofence through the KSL TV app for smartphone (iOS, Android) or Connected TV (Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire) and on RSLonKSL.com.
02) Geofence Restrictions: Where In The United States Can I Watch RSL on KSL?
Real Salt Lake loves their fans. They want their content to go out to as many people as possible. In fact, RSL has one of the most liberal distribution packages in professional sports. But for a variety of reasons, including distribution deals with other partners and territories of other teams, the live games must be geo-fenced.
The geofence for live RSL games covers the following locations:
- Phoenix, AZ
- Las Vegas, NV
- Reno, NV
- Boise, Idaho
Replays following the live broadcast are not geofenced and can be viewed anywhere around the world. Additionally, a robust library of video on demand (VOD) content can be found in the KSL TV app.
03) Help! I’m Inside The Geofence But I Still Can’t Watch The Live Game! Why?
This might sound ridiculous, but even if you are physically inside the geofence, your device might think you outside the fence. Go to a website that will tell you your IP address and location. For example, WhatIsMyIPAddress.com. Some cellular or Internet service providers might route their traffic to a location other than your current location. Here are some ways that you can troubleshoot your phone’s settings:
- Cell Data: Turn cell data on and off
- Airplane Mode: Turn airplane mode on and off
- Use WiFi: Turn off cellular data and use WiFi instead.
- Watch On Your TV: The KSL TV app is available for Roku, Apple TV, and Amazon Fire
- Watch On A Computer: If you are still having trouble, you can watch on your computer go to RSLonKSL.com.
04) I’m Outside The Geofence. What Options Do I Have?
If you are outside the geofence, don’t worry. Just have a little patience. The geofence is disabled after the live broadcast and replays of the last live game will run all week long. You can find a ton of video on demand content in the KSL TV app.
05) Where Can I Download The KSL TV apps?
The KSL TV’s Connected TV apps are available on iPhone, iPad, Android phones, Android tablets, Chromecast, Apple TV (4th-Gen and above), Amazon Fire, Android TV and Roku Connected TV devices. You can download KSL TV’s apps at http://ksltv.com/rsl.
The following mobile operating systems are supported:
- Apple iOS app
- iOS 10 or later (note: iOS beta release versions are typically not supported)
- Android app
- Android 4.4 or later
06) Where Can I Watch The Games on KSL.com?
Go to RSLonKSL.com. To enjoy the best RSL on KSL experience from a desktop PC, please keep Adobe Flash active on your browser. The following browsers are supported:
- Firefox: please update to the latest version
- Chrome: please update to the latest version
- Internet Explorer 9+
- Edge: 13+
- Safari 7+
07) Can I Cast From My Phone to My TV?
Yes. The KSL TV app supports Apple AirPlay, Chromecast, and other Chromecast built-in devices.
- On your iOS device, swipe up from the bottom of your screen to open the phone’s Control Center. Tap on the AirPlay button and select the name of the device where you wish to stream video.
- On your Android device, tap the Cast button on the top right corner of the app.
- Then, select the name of the device where you wish to stream RSL on KSL content.
- Proceed to tap on a video you want to watch in order to cast via Chromecast.
08) Do you make game content available after the live broadcasts?
Yes! The RSL section in the KSL TV app features a comprehensive on-demand video library of game highlights, clips and more to watch at your leisure. Rights permitting, a replay archive for all competitions are available throughout the course of a league/Cup season and beyond.