In a story filled with twists and turns, it was the turn no one saw coming.
In the hours after Josh Powell returned from a mid-winter camping trip with his two young sons, and without his wife, police were desperate for clues as to where she could be. When Josh wasn’t helpful, investigators hoped the boys could give them answers.
A surprising document from the Susan Powell case files has provided insights into the mind of Josh Powell after his wife went missing. It revealed one of several odd behaviors involving the elementary school where son Charlie attended.
Blackened, charred and burned beyond recognition, this single piece of evidence from the Susan Powell case could hold answers to what really happened to her. To this day, no one knows what it is.
You can hear more about Susan's fears in the final months before she disappeared in Episode 3 of the COLD podcast, available now on all major podcast platforms and at TheColdPodcast.com
KSL’s new investigative podcast series Cold enters its 2nd week with more bombshell revelations, this time dealing not with Josh Powell, but instead his father, Steven.
Episode 2 of "Cold," titled "Wake up, Little Susie," delves into the obsession Josh Powell's father, Steven, had with Susan.
In the years since Susan Powell disappeared hundreds of tips, interviews and searches have come up empty. There's been no sign of the mother of two since 2009 but her story has stayed in the headlines.
KSL 5 TV Live
- Dental records prove remains found in Florida are those of Brian Laundrie, boyfriend to Gabby Petito (pageviews: 13583)
- Parents of 6-year-old girl killed on Colorado amusement park ride file wrongful death suit (pageviews: 6751)
- Warrant: Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round (pageviews: 6531)
- Strong probability that suspected remains found in Florida park are Brian Laundrie's, family attorney says (pageviews: 5863)
- Recall: Red, white and yellow whole onions identified as source of salmonella outbreak (pageviews: 4632)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired prop gun that killed cinematographer (pageviews: 4318)
- SLC IT employee arrested after allegedly providing undercover police data to human trafficker (pageviews: 3714)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired shot on movie set that killed woman (pageviews: 3468)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 3382)
Connect with KSL