Vaccine efforts have been ramped up significantly, with the state administering more than 31,000 doses within a day's time.
Health care professionals at University of Utah Health on Friday reflected on the one-year anniversary of treating the first COVID-19 patients.
For many, a Parkinson's diagnosis can significantly change someone's abilities and lifestyle. But as one Utah neurologist says, recent research suggests early intervention through exercise can make a lifelong difference.
While most newly-eligible Utahns can't start making vaccine appointments just yet, Salt Lake and Summit counties began making appointments early.
The Utah Department of Health on Thursday announced 611 people have tested positive for COVID-19 and 12 more have died.
Gov. Spencer Cox on Thursday announced Utahns ages 50 and older will be eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine beginning March 8.
Both Salt Lake and Davis counties confirmed they are moving to the Moderate level of transmission.
Health care workers are now administering doses of the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine to Utahns.
The state reported seven more residents have died from COVID-19 and an additional 729 have tested positive.
The Utah Department of Veterans and Military Affairs set up clinics in the community to help veterans who are homeless or who have been recently housed get the COVID-19 vaccine.
KSL 5 TV Live
- BYU 'Y' Lit In Rainbow Colors As Message Of Hope Without School Approval (pageviews: 5256)
- Salt Lake, Davis Counties Move To Moderate Transmission; Some Restrictions Lifted (pageviews: 4612)
- Gov. Cox: Beginning March 8, Utahns Age 50+ Can Schedule Vaccinations (pageviews: 4216)
- DNA Test Surprise: Woman's Dad Was A Mass Murderer (pageviews: 4022)
- Coin With DNA Found At Site Where Elizabeth Salgado's Remains Were Found (pageviews: 3885)
- SUV In Crash Where 13 Died Came Through Hole In Border Fence (pageviews: 3509)
- Latter-day Saint Missionary Dies Serving In Home Country Of El Salvador (pageviews: 2173)
- DA Determines Officer's Use Of Deadly Force In SLC Incident Not Justified (pageviews: 2127)
- Utahns Age 50+ Eligible For Shots While 'Vaccine Chasers' Continue To Wait (pageviews: 2041)
Connect with KSL