Thriller Halloween Trivia Quiz
How much does the US annually spend on candy, costumes, and decorations for Halloween?
Halloween is the second most commercial day of the year in the US. People spend $2 Billion dollars alone in candy!
What was candy corn called originally?
The largest pumpkin ever weighed…
It was grown by Norm Craven in 1993
What US city holds the world record for having 30,128 Jack-O-Lanterns lit at the same time?
What used to be traditionally carved on Halloween?
In a traditional Celtic story, a man named Jack tricked the Devil. After Jack died the Devil made him roam the night with only a burning coal to light his way. Jack put the piece of coal in a carved-out turnip, a common vegetable there, and became known as Jack of the Lantern.
What is considered to be the birthplace of Halloween?
What is trick or treating thought to be derived from in England?
Poor people would knock on doors asking for food in exchange for saying prayers for the home's dead relatives on All-Souls Day in England.
How old is Halloween thought to be?
Halloween is thought to have started in 4000 bc.
What country was the first to publish a written account of kids saying trick or treat?
“The youthful tormentors were at back door and front demanding edible plunder by the word “trick or treat” to which the inmates gladly responded and sent the robbers away rejoicing.” -“‘Trick or Treat’ Is Demand,” Herald (Lethbridge, Alberta), November 4, 1927, p. 5, dateline Blackie, Alberta, Nov.
Why did people start wearing costumes on Halloween?
The tradition originated as a way for the Celtic and other European people to hide from the spirits who returned at this time of year.
Share your Results:
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)