Salt Lake mom uses Intermountain Healthcare’s Healthy Hub app to find stroller-friendly hikes
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Kathy Dalton is a mom of three, but that doesn’t stop her from taking her kids on an after-school hike.
As she pushed her stroller along, Dalton pointed out rocks, hawks and signs.
“So this says, ‘Welcome to the Temple Quarry Trail,’” she said.
Dalton said she loves to get away.
“Any chance we have to get outside and to unplug and to get away from that,” she added.
Dalton makes every effort to make that happen, even if it means bringing a stroller.
“I love having a stroller on the trail primarily for a 4-year-old, but sometimes, for the 7-year-old who might get tired,” Dalton explained.
She said it’s also handy for hauling extra gear. Dalton keeps water, snacks and backpacks in the stroller.
But that’s not the only reason she tries to find stroller friendly hikes. Finding stroller and wheelchair accessible hikes “means it’s on a level that we can comfortably do with all our age levels,” Dalton said.
Her kids also love hiking. Dalton’s 7-year-old daughter said she enjoys hiking because “you get stronger and I like looking at all the flowers.”
Dalton’s 10-year-old son said, “We can go out and see nature that we usually wouldn’t be able to see just close to our house.”
Dalton uses Intermountain Healthcare’s Healthy Hub app to find new hikes.
“I’ve been able to get the detailed information on what the distance for the hike is and kind of what to expect a little bit more,” she explained.
The app shows the skill level required and whether or not the trail is paved. Dalton read up on the hike while she waited for her kids to get out of school.
“I think it’s really nice to have it on the go,” she said.
Dalton’s family also used the app while they were on vacation in Moab this month. She said the app also lists state trails and national park trails.
Dalton said there is power in learning as a family outside and loves being outdoors because it really gives her family a chance to connect together.
To find the right trail for your family, download the Intermountain Healthy Hub app in your preferred app store.
If your family is looking for new outdoor ideas, check out Kathy Dalton’s blog, Go Adventure Mom, or listen along to her Happy Camper Podcast.
- Instagram account of missing woman returns after being deactivated (pageviews: 78969)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito’s van in Grand Teton National Park – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 55145)
- Tipster talks about spotting Gabby Petito's van in Grand Teton National Park (pageviews: 49247)
- Grand County Sheriff’s Office investigating Moab murders & Petito disappearance (pageviews: 26801)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 18842)
- Boyfriend of missing 22-year-old woman declared missing (pageviews: 15763)
- Draper family: Airbnb no help after someone lists their home as a rental & guests started showing up (pageviews: 13889)
- Moab police release details on incident between missing 22-year-old & boyfriend (pageviews: 11211)
- Boyfriend of missing woman breaks silence, releases statement through attorney (pageviews: 7605)