Community Mourns Loss of 11-Year-Old Boy
PLEASANT GROVE, Utah – Students, parents, and even some faculty at Mount Mahogany Elementary School arrived Tuesday to learn that one of their own had been killed after he was struck by a truck Monday night.
“Really is an emotional time for all involved,” Alpine School District Administrator of Public Relations, David Stephenson said. “And you know they (the faculty) had the task of sharing the news with some of the classmates of the student.”
Eleven-year-old, Michael Madsen was hit as he was crossing the road at State Street and Pleasant Grove Boulevard. Police say the driver was cooperative, and they do not believe alcohol or drugs were involved.
His family told KSL TV that they were struggling to celebrate Madsen’s little sister’s birthday Tuesday.
Stephenson says counselors were available at the school Tuesday, and would be there Wednesday, too.
“He was a new student at the school this year, but quickly made friends,” Stephenson said. “He was a good student.”
“Today the students have been writing memories of Michael,” Stephenson said. “(They were) posting it on the bulletin board at the school.”
The Madsen family has a Venmo account, “Michael Dominic Madsen,” set up to help with funeral costs.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 21340)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 8551)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 7157)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 6307)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5572)
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 3940)