Small Plane Flips On Private, Snow-packed Runway In Southern Utah
HURRICANE, Utah – A small plane carrying two people has flipped over while attempting to land at a private runway in Washington County.
The crash happened Friday afternoon about 30 miles northeast of St. George, outside the Hurricane area.
Officials with the Washington County Sheriff’s Office said the airstrip was packed with snow, though it was not confirmed if that was the cause of the incident.
Neither person on board was injured.
The landing site was too remote for rescue crews, so a LifeFlight medical helicopter was dispatched to the scene to pick up the pilot and passenger and transport them to a safe place.
It was not clear when they expected to retrieve the aircraft.
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 14110)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13553)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8491)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7883)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7144)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5583)