Small Plane Flips On Private, Snow-packed Runway In Southern Utah
HURRICANE, Utah – A small plane carrying two people has flipped over while attempting to land at a private runway in Washington County.
The crash happened Friday afternoon about 30 miles northeast of St. George, outside the Hurricane area.
Officials with the Washington County Sheriff’s Office said the airstrip was packed with snow, though it was not confirmed if that was the cause of the incident.
Neither person on board was injured.
The landing site was too remote for rescue crews, so a LifeFlight medical helicopter was dispatched to the scene to pick up the pilot and passenger and transport them to a safe place.
It was not clear when they expected to retrieve the aircraft.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)