Police Identify Motorcyclist Killed In Hit-And-Run On SR 201 Friday
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Authorities have identified a man who died Friday in a hit-and-run motorcycle crash on state Route 201.
David Lee Haines died after being hit by a car about 3 a.m. Friday, according to Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Andrew Battenfield.
Haines’ motorcycle was eastbound on state Route 201 near 2700 West, UHP officials previously reported. A car hit the motorcycle, possibly from behind, causing the bike to crash into a concrete barrier at the scene.
Haines was pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the car walked away from the scene and was gone when emergency responders got to the crash scene, UHP said. The driver, who Battenfield identified Monday as Carlos Quintana-Lozano, was arrested later Friday evening.
Authorities said Friday that aggressive driving or possibly road rage may have prompted the crash.
- Anchorage Alaska Temple to be rebuilt, moved to a new location - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8444)
- Search warrant reveals neighbors discovered bodies of Haight family (pageviews: 7455)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 6751)
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 5763)
- ‘Overwhelming’ response for radon testing after Lehi woman shares cancer diagnosis story - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5046)
- Snow College employee found dead in off-campus student housing unit (pageviews: 3984)