McCluskey Family To File Legal Complaint Against University
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The family of Lauren McCluskey are set to file a legal complaint against the University of Utah, according to a statement from the family’s legal counsel.
“Jill and Matt McCluskey will file a legal complaint against the University of Utah as a result of the university failing to protect student and daughter Lauren McCluskey,” according to the statement. “Lauren was murdered on campus in October of 2018 despite calling University of Utah Campus Police more than 20 times for help leading up to her murder.”
We are in SLC for a press conference tomorrow at 11 a.m. We are filing a lawsuit against @UUtah, who never took responsibility for their failures that resulted in Lauren's murder. Any money from the lawsuit will go to the https://t.co/3sT5hXaGoG and to support student athletes.
— Jill McCluskey (@jjmccluskey) June 26, 2019
The McCluskey family will hold a press conference Thursday immediately after they file the legal complaint, according to the statement.
KSL TV will broadcast the press conference and stream it live on Facebook starting at 11 a.m.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)