Baby In Serious Condition After Near Drowning In Tub
MIDVALE, Utah – A 9-month-old girl was in serious condition after police said she nearly drowned in a hotel bathtub.
Officers from the Unified Police Department responded to the Staybridge Suites at 747 W. Blue Vista Lane around 7 p.m., and found the child unresponsive and not breathing.
At that point, Lt. Torin Chambers said officers performed life-saving measures and the girl started breathing again.
Officials said the parents told them they had stepped away from the bathtub for a short time.
“It’s early in the investigation,” Chambers said. “We take all of these very seriously and investigate the circumstances surrounding all of them, but, you know, unfortunately this is something that happens and parents really need to make sure that they’re watching children when they’re in the bathtub.”
Chambers said the child’s condition seemed to be improving and she was crying as paramedics took her from the hotel.
She was transported to Primary Children’s Hospital in serious condition.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)