Officials Report Drones In Area Of Snoqualmie Fire, Confirm No Homes Currently Threatened
LAYTON, Utah – Layton Fire officials have confirmed that no homes are currently threatened by the Snoqualmie Fire.
The fire has burned an estimated 80 acres and was first reported around 10 p.m. Monday night.
Officials also reported multiple drone sightings in the area.
Authorities said it’s illegal to fly drones over a fire, and doing so could impede firefighting efforts if air support is being used.
This is especially important if firefighting aircraft are engaged.
— Utah Emergency Mgmt (@UtahEmergency) September 3, 2019
Mandatory evacuations are in effect for parts of the city east of U.S. Highway 89. Around 125 homes have been evacuated but Layton Fire official emphasized that no homes are currently threatened.
There are erroneous reports of homes damaged by fire. There are no homes that have been damaged, nor any that are immediately threatened at the moment. All potentially affected areas have multiple structural protection units in place.
— LaytonFire (@Layton_Fire) September 3, 2019
KSL TV will continue coverage of the Snoqualmie Fire throughout the day. You can watch our live updates on the KSL TV app. Get it at KSLTV.com/app.
Aerial footage of the Snoqualmie Fire burning near Layton. An estimated 80 acres had burned and 80-100 homes were evacuated Monday night.https://ksltv.com/?p=420918
Posted by KSL 5 TV on Monday, September 2, 2019
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8591)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7853)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4030)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3671)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3209)
- ‘Totally devastated’: Trucks, trailers and ATVs stolen from Pleasant Grove neighborhood (pageviews: 2231)