Utahns Shop In Thousands On ‘Super Saturday’
MURRAY, Utah – With just days to go until Christmas, thousands of Utahns have gone out shopping, looking for the perfect gift on the last Saturday before the holiday.
The stores were crowded all over the Beehive State Saturday, including Fashion Place Mall where KSL went to find last-minute shoppers.
It’s everywhere you look there were tasty smells, the sounds of shopping bags, and crowds. It was really busy this Super Saturday, proving why it’s the biggest shopping day of the year. Some were out scoping Christmas sales, while others were in search of the gifts that have thus far eluded them.
The shoppers were only part of the 148 million customers expected nationwide – millions more than last year, according to the National Retail Federation.
NRF officials said the majority of last-minute shoppers tend to be men and younger customers who tend to be the biggest procrastinators. Shoppers at the mall were representative of all ages.
They estimate shoppers will spend about $730 billion this year, with an average of $1,000 per person.
If you’re wondering where this holiday shopping season went, you’re right. With Thanksgiving coming later in November, there were only 26 days between it and Christmas.
Fashion Place Mall and several stores have extended holiday hours for the days leading up to Tuesday.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)