St. George Woman Says Someone Attacked Her On Public Trail
ST. GEORGE, Utah – Detectives with the St. George Police Department said they are on the lookout for a person who attacked a woman on a public trail.
A woman said she was jogging on a paved trail at Shadow Mountain Park on Friday when someone attacked her just after 7 p.m.
The woman wasn’t able to get a good look at that person but called for help right after it happened.
“There were no witnesses and there doesn’t appear to be a motive,” said St. George Police public information officer Tiffany Atkin.
She had minor injuries but nothing to the point where she needed medical attention.
Detectives plan on interviewing the woman again to try and get any kind of description of her attacker.
Police said this happened in an area most people would consider a safe area.
“All our parks, honestly, are well lit and well used,” Atkin said. “We have very few issues on our trails. You would feel safe on that trail. Absolutely. And in that park.”
The attacker also didn’t say anything to the woman during and after the attack.
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 24105)
- Man arrested in Mexico for murder of Utah radio host (pageviews: 8038)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 6318)
- Charges in crash that killed 3 should not have been dismissed, Utah appeals court says (pageviews: 5386)
- Three car crash closes road in West Valley City (pageviews: 3473)
- Man killed in rollover crash on I-15 in Draper (pageviews: 3334)