NTSB Begins Investigation Into Roy Plane Crash
ROY, UT — Officials with the National Transportation Safety Board have begun their investigation into what caused a twin-engine Cessna to crash into a Roy neighborhood Wednesday afternoon.
Investigators said they will be on scene over the next day or two, but are working to pick up the wreckage by Thursday night ahead of stormy weather expected to hit early Friday morning.
They said a preliminary report will be issued in one to two weeks. Information as to what exactly caused the crash could take 12 to 24 months.
A spokesperson with NTSB said the plane went down at 3:11 p.m. Wednesday, and was one of two planes owned by Goode Ski Technologies.
They said during the 11-minute flight from Bountiful to Ogden, the pilot had been cleared for landing on the runway. He told the controllers “he was going down,” but no further transmission was made after that.
A KSL viewer shared a photo of the plane as it flew north along I-15 when it suddenly turned and fell from the sky.
The pilot, was later identified as 64 year old David Goode, the founder and president of Goode Ski Technologies in Ogden.
Goode’s business declined to comment Thursday, but issued a statement on their website. It reads in part:
“It is with a heavy heart that GOODE skis announces the passing of its founder and president, Dave Goode. Dave, 64, died Wednesday while taking part in one of his many passions, piloting his airplane.”
NTSB has some video of the crash, but they are looking for more. If you witnessed the accident, or you have video, officials asked that you email Witness@ntsb.gov.
- Mother Of Missing Idaho Children Arrested In Hawaii (pageviews: 12173)
- Former Mission Companion Of Chad Daybell In Disbelief After Developments (pageviews: 9214)
- Police: Body Found In Pipe Near Target In Salt Lake City 'Suspicious' (pageviews: 8050)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Of Missing Children (pageviews: 7602)
- Utah Teen Shot, Left For Dead Three Years Ago Raising Money For Prosthetic Arm (pageviews: 7557)
- California Prisoner Confesses To Killing 2 Child Molesters, Says He 'Did Everybody A Favor' (pageviews: 6786)
- Mike Rowe Makes Online Plea To Help West Jordan Toymaker (pageviews: 5760)
- Dirty Dining? KSL Investigators Look Into Popular Salt Lake Restaurant Rankings (pageviews: 4830)
- Payson Hit-&-Run Driver Turns Himself In After Striking 9-Year-Old (pageviews: 4026)
- Celebrities Rally To Send Quaden Bayles To Disneyland After Bullying Video Goes Viral (pageviews: 3869)