Black Ice Near Point Of Mountain Results In 14 Crashes
LEHI, Utah – At least three lanes of southbound Interstate 15 were closed after a rollover on black ice that resulted in a total of 14 crashes.
Sgt. Brady Zaugg with the Utah Highway Patrol said the rollover happened near Point of the Mountain Saturday morning, causing multiple crashes along a two-mile stretch.
It was not clear if there were any injuries.
Details of exactly what happened to cause the other crashes was not available, but traffic camera from the Utah Department of Transportation showed significant delays.
Traffic was backed up for nearly four miles.
Officials have closed the southbound off ramp to State Route 92, otherwise known as Timpanogos Highway.
The roadway was cleared and reopened 10 a.m., but with slick roads and a significant backup, drivers were advised to avoid the area.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36760)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 18142)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 7530)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6148)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 5835)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5830)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5795)