Hurricane ATM Damaged In Bank Robbery Attempt
HURRICANE, Utah – A bank ATM sustained heavy damage after police said suspects used stolen heavy equipment in an attempt to remove the device.
The incident happened around 4:15 a.m. Saturday at a Wells Fargo Bank in Hurricane.
Officials with the Hurricane Police Department said the suspects stole a truck, trailer and other heavy equipment from another location at some point during the night.
The vehicle and equipment was taken to the bank location, where police said the suspects tried to remove the ATM.
The ATM was damaged in the attempt, but the suspects were not able to get away with the device. The bank sustained thousands of dollars in damages.
Officials found the stolen vehicle and equipment a short distance from the bank. K9 officers were brought to the scene in attempt to track the suspects, but they were not located.
Investigators were examining evidence at the scene for clues into the identities of the suspects.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)