Boy Injured In Moab Crash Dies, Police Say
MOAB, Utah – A 10-year-old boy died Tuesday from injuries he sustained in a crash several days earlier, according to the Moab City Police Department.
Isreal Camey was critically injured in an incident on U.S. Highway 191 near Center Street on Feb. 9. His father, Vilsar Camey, 45, of Moab, died in the crash.
Police said Benjamin Balls, 42, was speeding and fled from authorities when they attempted to pull him over. He reportedly ran a red light and struck the Camey’s SUV before hitting a second vehicle.
Balls was booked into the Grand County Jail on charges including manslaughter, reckless driving, and failure to respond to an officer’s signal to stop resulting in death or injury.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)