Man Slices Wife’s Throat While She Was Driving, Nearly Kills Her
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah— A West Valley man was taken into custody after being accused of slicing his wife’s throat and face multiple times while she was driving on Bangerter Highway in the rain.
The man was identified as 24-year-old Isac Garcia.
Officials said Garcia and his wife were driving home from a party around 1 a.m. Monday when they got into an argument. The woman was driving because Garcia “had been drinking excessively” while he was sitting in the backseat with their infant child.
According to police documents, Garcia “became enraged,” grabbed a knife, and then began to slash the victim’s throat and face multiple times while the victim was still driving the car.
The woman was able to pull over, get out of the car, and run to the hospital. Investigators said she sustained significant injuries, and was just centimeters away from being killed.
Garcia was arrested and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on a number of charges including aggravated assault.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7943)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 6897)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5569)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 4499)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3945)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3255)