U of U Alert Issued After Reports Of Sexual Assault On Campus
SALT LAKE CITY — A campus alert has been initiated at the University of Utah after reports of a sexual assault inside a resident hall.
The alert was sent just before noon Saturday. Few details were available, but officials said the victim was not a University of Utah student. The alert said the incident occurred early Saturday morning.
Officials did not indicate information about a known threat on campus, but have advised anyone who did not feel safe to contact University of Utah Police at 801-585-2677 (801-585-COPS).
Courtesy escorts on campus have also been made available. Those who wish to use the service can call 801-585-2677 to arrange service.
U of U ALERT: Campus police investigating a reported sexual assault to have occurred in a residence hall. Updates at https://t.co/paCiWmVeD9.
— University of Utah (@UUtah) February 29, 2020
Officers said the suspect is a male, but they were unsure whether he was a student at the university. No identities were released.
The exact time of the incident or where the assault was alleged to have happened were not released.
An investigation was ongoing.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call University of Utah Police at 801-585-2677.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)