Woman Bucked From Horse, Airlifted To Hospital
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A woman was airlifted to McKay-Dee Hospital after she was bucked from a horse and suffered “significant back injuries,” according to officials with the Weber Fire District.
Officials said they received a 911 call from a man who was horseback riding with the woman in an unincorporated part of Weber County on Saturday.
The man told police the woman had landed on a rock after she was bucked off of her horse.
Search and rescue officials determined it would be difficult to reach the area by vehicle and a medical helicopter was dispatched to help ground crews locate the victim.
She was then transported about 200 yards down the mountain and airlifted to the hospital.
An update on her condition was not immediately available.
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13500)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 8905)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 8598)
- Neighborhood supports family of West Jordan mom killed in Big Cottonwood Canyon crash (pageviews: 7665)
- West Jordan woman killed in crash with truck in Big Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 6396)
- Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon (pageviews: 4997)