Earthquake In Nevada Upgraded To Magnitude 6.5
TONOPAH, Nev. – The U.S. Geological Survey reported a 6.4 earthquake in a remote area of Nevada on Friday. It was later upgraded to magnitude 6.5.
The quake hit in the western portion of the state at approximately 4 a.m., just east of the Sierra Nevada range.
It was followed by multiple aftershocks, some of which registered at magnitude 4 and higher.
Despite the remote location, the Utah Division of Emergency Services has received multiple reports from people who felt the earthquake.
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 98459)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 32060)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 5256)
- Draper Man Underbids Developers, Buys Property For Farming (pageviews: 3314)
- 11 More Utahns Die Of COVID-19 As Thanksgiving Holiday Approaches (pageviews: 2532)
- Utah DWR Investigating After Multiple Swans Found Dead Or Injured (pageviews: 2219)
- 26 Utahns Have Died From COVID-19; 570 People Are Hospitalized (pageviews: 2048)
- Utah Mom Warning Others After 6-Year-Old Girl Hospitalized With Rare COVID-19 Syndrome (pageviews: 1878)
- Body Discovered In Salt Lake City Field, Police Say (pageviews: 1836)