Earthquake In Nevada Upgraded To Magnitude 6.5
TONOPAH, Nev. – The U.S. Geological Survey reported a 6.4 earthquake in a remote area of Nevada on Friday. It was later upgraded to magnitude 6.5.
The quake hit in the western portion of the state at approximately 4 a.m., just east of the Sierra Nevada range.
It was followed by multiple aftershocks, some of which registered at magnitude 4 and higher.
Despite the remote location, the Utah Division of Emergency Services has received multiple reports from people who felt the earthquake.
- Dental records prove remains found in Florida are those of Brian Laundrie, boyfriend to Gabby Petito (pageviews: 13583)
- Parents of 6-year-old girl killed on Colorado amusement park ride file wrongful death suit (pageviews: 6751)
- Warrant: Baldwin didn't know weapon contained live round (pageviews: 6531)
- Strong probability that suspected remains found in Florida park are Brian Laundrie's, family attorney says (pageviews: 5863)
- Recall: Red, white and yellow whole onions identified as source of salmonella outbreak (pageviews: 4632)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired prop gun that killed cinematographer (pageviews: 4318)
- SLC IT employee arrested after allegedly providing undercover police data to human trafficker (pageviews: 3714)
- Sheriff: Baldwin fired shot on movie set that killed woman (pageviews: 3468)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 3382)