419th Fighter Wing To Fly F-35s Over Utah On July 4
HILL FORCE BASE, Utah – A familiar Independence Day tradition will live on as Air Force Reserve pilots from the 419th Fighter Wing perform flyovers across Utah Saturday morning.
Four F-35A Lightning II jets will be flying to events in Vernal and Park City, and people may be able to catch a glimpse, according to a press release. The aircraft will fly across the Wasatch Front, to include the Salt Lake City area, beginning around 9:30 a.m. and landing just after 11 a.m.
“The 419th FW’s July Fourth flyover tradition began more than 30 years ago, and the wing typically supports about 20 community celebrations, but most were canceled this year due to COVID-19,” the press release read.
Flying the jets will be Maj. Jeff Harding, Maj. Justin Cleveland, Maj. James Russell, and Maj. Dan Toftness, who have a combined 7,700 flying hours throughout their military careers.
Also working that day to make the flyovers happen are more than 40 maintainers and support personnel from the 419th FW and active duty 388th FW, according to the press release.
- Eight Arrested After Rally In Cottonwood Heights Turns Violent (pageviews: 23288)
- Police: Shots Fired Into Security Booth Outside Provo Missionary Training Center (pageviews: 6401)
- Videos Capture Beirut Explosion That Shattered Windows Across Lebanese Capital (pageviews: 4992)
- The FDA's List Of Dangerous Hand Sanitizers Has Now Grown To More Than 100 (pageviews: 3404)
- Suspect Killed; West Jordan Officer Shot In Shoulder (pageviews: 2765)
- Trump Giving $35 Million To Aid Human Trafficking Survivors (pageviews: 2514)
- Doctor Debunks Myths About Wearing Face Masks (pageviews: 2456)
- Police: Shots Fired Overnight Outside Missionary Training Center In Provo (pageviews: 2358)
- Massive Beirut Blast Kills More Than 70, Injures Thousands (pageviews: 2143)