Smith’s Announces Mask Requirements For All Customers
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Kroger announced masks will be required for customers in all store locations beginning July 22.
The policy will include Smith’s Food & Grocery and Food4Less stores, among others.
The report came shortly after Walmart announced it, too, would be requiring face coverings for all customers. Walmart’s policy goes into place July 20.
With the increase in #COVID19 cases across the country, we are committed to doing our part to help reduce the spread of the virus. Starting July 22, we will require all customers in all locations to wear a mask, joining our associates who continue to wear masks. pic.twitter.com/r9WPD3QNFa
— Kroger News (@KrogerNews) July 15, 2020
“As an employer, grocery provider and community partner, we have a responsibility to help keep our associates, customers and communities safe,” according to a statement from Kroger. “According to the CDC, wearing a facial covering, combined with social distancing and frequent handwashing, has been scientifically proven to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Starting July 22, we will require all customers in all locations to wear a mask when shopping in our stores, joining our associates who continue to wear masks.”
The statement goes on to say that Kroger is taking this step now “because we recognize additional precautions are needed to protect our country.”
The company acknowledged that some customers may not be able to wear masks due to medical reasons, and those customers are asked to consider an alternative option such as a face shield or facial covering.
“If they’re unable to wear a mask or an alternative design, we request that they use our ecommerce services like pickup or delivery,” according to the statement. “To support all households during the COVID-19 pandemic, our grocery pickup service remains free.”
Small children are exempt from the mask requirement.
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school (pageviews: 24684)
- Idaho father fighting for his life in Utah hospital after dirt biking crash (pageviews: 19330)
- Medical examiner and cadaver dog called to park where investigators found Brian Laundrie's items (pageviews: 9862)
- Utah teen girl arrested for planning mass casualty event at school – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9476)
- Utah woman arrested on suspicion of shaking, killing her infant boy (pageviews: 6688)
- Suspected human remains, items belonging to Brian Laundrie found in Florida park, FBI says (pageviews: 5928)
- FBI: Items linked to Laundrie, potential remains found (pageviews: 5212)
- Haiti gang wants $17M ransom for kidnapped American and Canadian missionaries (pageviews: 4446)
- Utah family urges caution after 1-year-old hospitalized with COVID-19 (pageviews: 4306)