Victims In Cedar City Plane Crash Identified
CEDAR CITY, Utah – The Iron County Sheriff’s Office on Tuesday identified the two men who died in a small-aircraft crash on Aug. 2.
The victims were Darwin Mao, 52, and Richard Essex, 63. Both men were from Las Vegas.
The plane struck a communications tower approximately 5 miles away from the Cedar City Regional Airport. The plane took down the tower when it crashed, and both men were pronounced dead on the scene.
The aircraft was a World War II-era plane, authorities said.
The investigation will continue with the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board.
- Young Mother Killed In Head-On Crash In Kane County (pageviews: 9027)
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 7956)
- Herriman, Riverton Residents Help Give Back To Artist Alex Boyé (pageviews: 6649)
- Joe Montana, Wife Block Attempted Kidnapping Of Grandchild (pageviews: 4379)
- 2 Die In Single-Vehicle Crash In Tooele County (pageviews: 3507)
- Police Seek Public's Help Locating Missing Endangered Boy Out Of Millcreek (pageviews: 3031)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 2690)
- Utah Reports 1,068 New COVID-19 Cases, 5 New Deaths (pageviews: 1257)
- Structures Threatened By Fire Located South Of Veyo (pageviews: 1062)