Victims In Cedar City Plane Crash Identified
CEDAR CITY, Utah – The Iron County Sheriff’s Office on Tuesday identified the two men who died in a small-aircraft crash on Aug. 2.
The victims were Darwin Mao, 52, and Richard Essex, 63. Both men were from Las Vegas.
The plane struck a communications tower approximately 5 miles away from the Cedar City Regional Airport. The plane took down the tower when it crashed, and both men were pronounced dead on the scene.
The aircraft was a World War II-era plane, authorities said.
The investigation will continue with the Federal Aviation Administration and the National Transportation Safety Board.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)