Multiple Vehicles, Pallets Burned In Large Salt Lake Fire
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Crews were called out to fight a large pallet fire with multiple vehicles involved. Officials reported multiple explosions in the blaze.
The fire broke out around 1 a.m. Sunday near 2945 West 500 South.
Captain Anthony Burton with the Salt Lake City Fire Department said the initial call came in as a pallet fire. When the initial crew arrived on the scene, they found heavy smoke and flames.
Currently under control pic.twitter.com/U4mQYR4DNC
— Salt Lake City Fire Department (@slcfire) August 9, 2020
Burton said the fire was situated between two properties. Multiple pallets and RVs were on fire. The other property had several other vehicles that were also on fire.
Crews at the scene reported hearing explosions, which they believed were propane tanks on the RVs. A semi and trailer were also on fire. Officials later found large semi tires in the debris that they believed also exploded in the fire.
Investigators were still sifting through the debris to confirm their assessment and determine the exact cause.
Officials said firefighters mounted an aggressive fire attack to contain the flames.
One firefighter sustained minor injuries. They were treated and released at the scene.
Burton said the number of vehicles involved meant it would likely be a lengthy investigation into where and how the fire started.
- A total lunar eclipse will turn the moon red. Here's how to watch (pageviews: 5221)
- Some high school seniors in Utah concerned about graduation attire – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5184)
- Fatal crash on I15 in Farmington, police investigating (pageviews: 3101)
- Police arrest man accused off fatally hitting a woman, dragging body (pageviews: 2965)
- Woman dies in rollover crash on I-215 (pageviews: 2647)
- Some high school seniors in Utah concerned about graduation attire (pageviews: 2373)