Fire Causes Estimated $100K In Damages To Ogden Apartment Complex
OGDEN, Utah – Officials with the Ogden Fire Department said a fire in a multi-family apartment complex caused an estimated $100,000 in damages Thursday night.
The cause of the fire was under investigation and two minor injuries were reported at the scene, located near 6th Street and Jefferson Avenue.
Firefighters arrived before 9 p.m. and found smoke and fire coming from the complex, which has two separate buildings, each containing four apartments.
“Crews made an interior fire attack, identifying the seat of the fire,” officials said. “Additional crews searched the adjacent apartments to ensure all the occupants had safely exited the structure.”
Firefighters were able to contain the flames to the unit of origin.
Twenty-four firefighters from Ogden, Northview and Riverdale fire departments responded to the scene with four engines, one ladder truck, two rescue trucks, two ambulances and one battalion chief.
- 4 Missionaries Stranded On Remote Pacific Island (pageviews: 11050)
- Corner Canyon Teacher In ICU With COVID-19 (pageviews: 9619)
- Corner Canyon Teacher In ICU With COVID-19; 500 Students Quarantined (pageviews: 8891)
- Utah Breaks Single-Day Record With 1,117 New COVID-19 Cases (pageviews: 7275)
- Police: Suspect Killed After Shooting At Officers During Pursuit (pageviews: 3169)
- Utah Breaks Previous Record With 911 New COVID-19 Cases In One Day (pageviews: 2342)
- Friends Remember Woman Found Dead In Layton (pageviews: 2241)
- Family Of Ogden Hiker Missing Since Sept. 8 Asking For Public's Help (pageviews: 2005)
- Meet Our Team (pageviews: 1819)