Troopers Make 147 Stops On First Day Of Blitz In Davis County
CLEARFIELD, Utah – The Utah Highway Patrol has been focusing on speed enforcement in Davis County following multiple reports of unsafe driving through construction zones.
One such incident injured multiple people recently when an impaired driver drove a truck at full speed into a construction area.
Troopers began a multi-day crackdown on speeding and reckless driving beginning on Aug. 12. On Friday, they released the results from the first 24 hours of their blitz.
According to the UHP, troopers made 147 stops. Of those, 107 were for speeding, six were for seatbelt violations, four were for texting and driving, and nine were for other moving violations. Another 24 stops were for non-moving violations.
Authorities are warning drivers to follow the posted speeds, especially in construction zones where the road layout is constantly changing. In Utah, when construction workers are present, speeding fines can be doubled in those zones.
“We have had people plow into the lane splits and barrels there, weave in and out of traffic,” said John Gleason, spokesperson for the Utah Department of Transportation. “At the heart of this it is not just about the safety of our workers. We want drivers to get home safely as well. It is about the safety of everyone on a project like this.”
- Young Mother Killed In Head-On Crash In Kane County (pageviews: 9027)
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 7956)
- Herriman, Riverton Residents Help Give Back To Artist Alex Boyé (pageviews: 6649)
- Joe Montana, Wife Block Attempted Kidnapping Of Grandchild (pageviews: 4379)
- 2 Die In Single-Vehicle Crash In Tooele County (pageviews: 3507)
- Police Seek Public's Help Locating Missing Endangered Boy Out Of Millcreek (pageviews: 3031)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 2690)
- Utah Reports 1,068 New COVID-19 Cases, 5 New Deaths (pageviews: 1257)
- Structures Threatened By Fire Located South Of Veyo (pageviews: 1062)