Police Identify SLC Shooting Victim, Gunman Still At Large
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Authorities have identified a man who was shot and killed near the Smith’s Ballpark on Wednesday.
According to the Salt Lake City Police Department, Luis Melendez, 49, was found dead at the scene in the area of Harrison Avenue and Major Street.
Investigators have not located a suspect, but Det. Greg Wilking with the SLCPD said police don’t believe the public is in danger.
“We think it was an isolated incident between the suspect and the deceased gentleman,” he said Wednesday.
Anyone with information about the homicide is asked to contact police at 801-799-3000 and reference case No. 20-143216.
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 14110)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13553)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8491)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7883)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7144)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5583)