Layton Police Identify Woman Whose Body Was Found In Kay’s Creek
LAYTON, Utah – Officials with the Layton Police Department have released the identity of a woman whose body was found in Kay’s Creek Tuesday night.
Investigators identified the woman as Kristen Culhane, a 46-year-old resident of the city. Detectives said a friend reported the woman missing on Saturday.
On Tuesday afternoon, neighbors found the woman’s remains in the creek while on a walk behind their property.
Lt. Travis Lyman with the Layton Police Department told KSL-TV the cause of death remained under investigation.
Bob Parrish, who lives a few doors down on Dawson Street from where the discovery was made, said he’d never seen such a large police presence in his neighborhood.
“They kept a policeman on both ends of the trail last night — all night long,” Parrish said.
Parrish said he was uncertain how exactly the woman would have ended up where she did, and the shallow creek’s current would be unlikely to carry a body very far.
One of the neighbors who made the discovery — a man who declined to be identified or interviewed on camera — told KSL the couple moved in just four weeks ago, and they haven’t been able to sleep since finding the woman’s remains.
While police were still investigating what happened exactly, Parrish said he was generally concerned about an increasing number of unsavory characters along the walking trail next to the creek.
“I mean, it’s very secluded back there,” Parrish said. “A lot of things can be done without being in the sight of police or anybody in authority.”
Police said Wednesday that anyone with information in the case is asked to message them or call 801-497-8300.
- Pizza Delivery Driver Gets Surprise Tip, Becomes 'TikTok Famous' (pageviews: 9472)
- Young Mother Killed In Head-On Crash In Kane County (pageviews: 5256)
- Authorities Investigating After Woman Struck By Multiple Vehicles On I-215 (pageviews: 4266)
- Cache Valley Teen Lucky To Find Cell Signal After Rattlesnake Bite (pageviews: 4235)
- New COVID-19 Record With 1,411 New Cases; 4 New Deaths, 184 Hospitalizations (pageviews: 3915)
- Palacios Carbajal Family Files Lawsuit Against SLCPD In Fatal Shooting (pageviews: 1037)
- Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting In Roy Ruled Justified (pageviews: 985)
- Missing West Valley City Boy Found Safe (pageviews: 879)
- Meet Our Team (pageviews: 697)