BYU Police Searching For Suspect Who Shot 3 Students With BB Gun
PROVO, Utah – Three students at Brigham Young University were struck by BBs and one had to have a BB removed from their head after an unknown individual fired at a group near Helaman Halls, according to Lt. Rich Christianson with the BYU Police Department.
Christianson said the suspect was driving a small, white SUV and fired the shots toward the group of mostly freshmen near the J-Hall just after 10 p.m. on Sunday.
Two of the students that were struck were not injured because of the clothing they were wearing. The third student was taken to an InstaCare location to remove a BB pellet that was lodged in the student’s head.
“BYU Police encourage students to remain vigilant and to be aware of their surroundings,” officials said in an alert sent to the campus community. “Please report any incidents or suspicious activity immediately to BYU Police at 801-422-2222 or call 911.”
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 7510)
- Wednesday's Child: 3 Siblings Adopted Together After Years In Foster Care (pageviews: 5471)
- Deputies Break Up Suspected Camp Of Thieves West Of Utah Lake (pageviews: 5142)
- KSL Investigates: Are COVID-19 Deaths In Utah Inflated? (pageviews: 3356)
- Utah Reports 2 Days Of COVID-19 Numbers: 15 More Have Died, 6,142 Test Positive (pageviews: 2860)
- Utah Family Says Mom Died After Contracting COVID-19 At Family Gathering (pageviews: 2634)
- COVID-19 Immunity: How Long Do Antibodies Last? (pageviews: 2079)
- Utah Man Reunited With Officer Who Saved His Life 35 Years Ago (pageviews: 1689)
- President Nelson's #GiveThanks Challenge Brings New Meaning To 2020 (pageviews: 1422)