Man Arrested For DUI After Fatal Spanish Fork Crash
SPANISH FORK, Utah – A 44-year-old man has been arrested for driving under the influence after a fatal four-car crash in Spanish Fork, according to Lt. Matt Johnson with the Spanish Fork Police Department.
Garrett Harris, of Spanish Fork, was booked into the Utah County Jail on multiple charges, including automobile homicide, driving under the influence and possession of a controlled substance.
Police identified the victim of Friday morning’s crash as 17-year-old Landon Wilkerson, of Pleasant Grove.
According to a probable cause statement, Harris was driving a red Chevrolet pickup truck on Arrowhead Trail when he drove left of the median near 1900 West.
Johnson said the Chevrolet struck three cars that were traveling eastbound: a 2016 truck, a 2002 Saturn and a 2011 Chevrolet Avalanche.
Police said Wilkerson was in the Saturn and was killed in the crash. The driver of the 2016 truck and the driver and two passengers in the Avalanche were unharmed.
“Due to the severity of the crash a search warrant was written and approved by a judge to examine (Harris)’s blood and urine, and to search (Harris)’s possessions that were with him and his truck,” police said in the probable cause statement. “The observed driving pattern of him crossing the center line, the history of (Harris) being cited for unsafe lane travel, and the fact that a nurse from the emergency room advised of a glass pipe on his persons was used for probable cause for the warrants.”
Police said tests of Harris’s blood and urine showed he was positive for “measurable amounts of methamphetamine and amphetamine.”
During the search, police also said they located a glass pipe and Harris admitted to smoking methamphetamine two days before the crash.
Harris “also admitted that there would be a meth pipe in his truck and one in his belongings that were with him at the hospital,” according to police.
- Mysterious Southern Utah Monolith Mysteriously Disappears – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 33983)
- Mysterious Southern Utah Monolith Mysteriously Disappears – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 22072)
- Mysterious Southern Utah Monolith Mysteriously Disappears (pageviews: 12737)
- Dying Cancer Patient Forced From Utah County Home Even Though He Can Pay Rent (pageviews: 7601)
- DPS Crew Discovers Mysterious Monolith From Air In Remote Utah Wilderness (pageviews: 6552)
- Catch A Lunar Eclipse During Full Beaver Moon This Weekend – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3735)
- Man Arrested For Refusing To Wear Face Mask On Flight Leaving SLC – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3656)
- South Jordan Police Officer Accused Of Kidnapping Relative On Thanksgiving (pageviews: 2424)
- Catch A Lunar Eclipse During Full Beaver Moon This Weekend (pageviews: 2260)