Police Identify Person Killed During Officer-Involved Shooting In Herriman
HERRIMAN, Utah – One person is dead following an officer-involved shooting in Herriman Tuesday night, authorities said.
Police said Isaac Lemoine Christensen, 38, of Salt Lake City was killed in the incident.
A news release said there is body camera video of the incident and it will be turned over to the Protocol Team that is investigating.
The incident happened at approximately 10 p.m. in the area of 5300 West and Solafax Lane.
Herriman police responded to a report of a violation of a protective order, officials said. Officers were advised a suspect at the scene was armed.
Neighbor Cassiday Harris she heard gunshots.
“We hear a ‘pop,’ and then there was a brief pause and then ‘pop, pop, pop,'” she said.
She and her husband live near Stone Hayes Drive and Silver Clover Lane. They were about to turn in for the night when they heard the gunfire.
“I asked my husband, ‘Was that?’ and he said, ‘Yes, that was gun shots,'” Harris said.
When authorities arrived at the scene, they also reported hearing gunshots, according to the Herriman City Police Department.
“An adult male was encountered and challenged by officers,” according to a statement from HCPD. “At some point, he presented a threat and was engaged by two officers from the Herriman City Police Department. No officers were injured. The adult male suspect is deceased on scene.”
Harris’s husband said he heard police ordering the suspect to get on the ground and to drop the weapon.
After that, more shots rang out, the Harrises said.
The suspect’s identity is currently unknown, as are the events that led up to the shooting. It’s unclear at this time if shots were fired at police.
Anyone who may have information about the incident is asked to contact Unified Police Det. Sgt. Vaughn Allen at 801-840-4000.
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 17916)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16520)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8565)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7815)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6068)