8 Teens Charged With Alcohol Consumption After WVC Police Chase
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — Eight teens, ranging in age from 13 to 16, sustained minor injuries after they led police on a pursuit in West Valley City and crashed into the corner of a building.
According to the West Valley City Police Department, an officer spotted a vehicle listed as stolen near 6350 West Cape Ridge Lane around 4 a.m. Saturday.
The vehicle, which officials said appeared to be occupied by several occupants, then traveled northeast out of the WVC neighborhood.
In an effort to stop the vehicle, an officer laid down spikes at 3500 South 5600 West, but the driver took off.
A short police pursuit ensued.
Officials said the driver attempted to turn east on Parkway Boulevard, but he was going too fast and crashed into the corner of a Noodles & Company building.
Eight teens, ranging in age from 13 to 16, exited the vehicle with minor injuries. All of them had been consuming alcohol, police said.
Six of them were evaluated by medical personnel on scene and released to their guardians, while two were transported to an area hospital to be evaluated for a possible broken arm and leg. After receiving treatment, they were released to their guardians.
Lt. Shane Matheson said all of the teens were charged with underage alcohol consumption. The driver will also be charged with possession of a stolen vehicle and running from the police.
No officers or citizens were injured.
- Dump Truck Driver Killed In Point Of The Mountain Crash (pageviews: 11052)
- Police Release New Details Related To Alex Cox's Death In Vallow/Daybell Case (pageviews: 4547)
- Car Thief Returns With Boy Inside, Scolds Mom (pageviews: 3574)
- Several Businesses Damaged In 3-Alarm Fire At Midvale Office Building (pageviews: 2868)
- Police Searching For Man Who Followed Female Driver, Flattened Her Tires (pageviews: 2763)
- FBI Arrest Woman Accused Of Theft From Pelosi's Office During Riot (pageviews: 2420)
- Police Release New Details Related To Alex Cox’s Death In Vallow/Daybell Case – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2117)
- Trump To Issue Around 100 Pardons, Commutations Tuesday, Sources Say (pageviews: 2032)
- Biden To Propose 8-Year Citizenship Path For Immigrants (pageviews: 1718)