Utah’s Hogle Zoo Picks Name For New Baby Zebra
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The baby zebra that has taken Utah by storm now has a name.
Utah’s Hogle Zoo chose the name Zion for the colt, who was born Jan. 15.
Zookeepers said the name “Zion” was picked for several reasons. They said it means “highest point,” and this species of zebra – the Hartmann’s Mountain zebra – lives at an elevation in South Africa that’s even higher than Salt Lake City.
And, of course, Zion has a connection to Utah as it’s the name of one of the state’s Mighty 5 National Parks.
Zion is the fourth Hartmann’s Mountain zebra born at the zoo.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 8563)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3901)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 3445)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 2621)
- Alleged fraud committed by top leaders at Layton Christian Academy - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2604)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2477)