UHP Trooper Tackles Suspect Attempting To Flee Across I-15
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A Utah Highway Patrol Trooper tackled a suspect on I-15 Tuesday morning following a chase, authorities said.
The incident happened at approximately 5:30 a.m. in the area of 600 South.
UHP said the man led them on a chase that crossed the interstate several times.
It wasn’t immediately known why authorities were chasing the man in the first place, but officials Troopers were concerned the suspect was going to get hit by a vehicle.
“It’s super scary out in the dark conditions,” said UHP trooper Arthur Nelson. “You can’ see him until the last second. That’s why it’s illegal to be a pedestrian on the freeway.”
Nelson said everyone is OK. The man was checked out by medical and was then taken to the Salt Lake County Jail.
- Police provide update in deadly shooting near Hunter High School (pageviews: 12861)
- Ian Alexander Jr., only child of Regina King, dies at age 26 (pageviews: 9389)
- Don't approach lab monkey missing after crash, people told (pageviews: 8361)
- NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn't happen this week (pageviews: 6500)
- Salt Lake County man arrested for allegedly abusing grandson (pageviews: 5640)
- Sledder injured during safety event at Tibble Fork Reservoir (pageviews: 3980)
- Brian Laundrie wrote he was responsible for Gabby Petito's death in notebook, FBI says (pageviews: 3929)
- Herriman family saved from house fire by off-duty firefighter, his wife (pageviews: 3174)
- Inmate worker at large after walking out of Utah County Jail (pageviews: 2824)