UHP Trooper Tackles Suspect Attempting To Flee Across I-15
Feb 9, 2021, 6:38 AM | Updated: 6:51 am
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A Utah Highway Patrol Trooper tackled a suspect on I-15 Tuesday morning following a chase, authorities said.
The incident happened at approximately 5:30 a.m. in the area of 600 South.
UHP said the man led them on a chase that crossed the interstate several times.
It wasn’t immediately known why authorities were chasing the man in the first place, but officials Troopers were concerned the suspect was going to get hit by a vehicle.
“It’s super scary out in the dark conditions,” said UHP trooper Arthur Nelson. “You can’ see him until the last second. That’s why it’s illegal to be a pedestrian on the freeway.”
Nelson said everyone is OK. The man was checked out by medical and was then taken to the Salt Lake County Jail.
KSL 5 TV Live
- First temple in Virginia opens its doors to the public (pageviews: 15140)
- Utah man bit by shark while swimming in Hawaii (pageviews: 14902)
- Man in custody, accused of filming children in the bathroom of his business (pageviews: 14198)
- Important dates, rendering released for 3 Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saint temples (pageviews: 9037)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 8110)
- 3 killed in head-on crash in Kane County (pageviews: 6625)