Man Hospitalized After Small Aircraft Crashes Near Saltair
MAGNA, Utah — A man was flown to the hospital after his paramotor-type aircraft came down hard near the Saltair parking lot, according to police.
Officials with the Unified Fire Authority confirmed the call came in at 7:34 p.m Monday.
KSL-TV was told a nurse just happened to be in the area at the time of the crash. She ran to the 65-year-old man’s aid and first-responders said that made a real difference.
“Somebody who had the training and knowledge assisted him and helped him out,” said Lt. Manfred Lassig with the Unified Police Department.
The victim, who was the only passenger, suffered multiple compound fractures to his legs and was flown by medical helicopter to a local hospital.
Police said the medics told him they believed the guy would survive, adding that he was talking when they got to him.
Officers told KSL-TV he was newer to this kind of flying and actually said he’d be out flying again.
Police said if you do go out to do something like this, please don’t go by yourself.
If something bad happens, they said it could lead to an even worse outcome.
- Woman Missing Since November Found Alive In Diamond Fork Canyon (pageviews: 27773)
- Utah's Health Orders Terminated After Meeting 'Endgame Bill' Criteria (pageviews: 15426)
- Nurses, Doctor Help 'Lucky' Mom Who Gave Birth On Flight (pageviews: 5406)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5376)
- Venmo Scams: Protecting Yourself From Fraudsters (pageviews: 4677)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera (pageviews: 3952)
- Teenage Driver Killed In Crash On SR-92 (pageviews: 3595)
- Woman Missing Since November Found Alive In Diamond Fork Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3404)
- Utah’s Health Orders Terminated After Meeting ‘Endgame Bill’ Criteria – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3167)