Archbishop Of The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese Of America Visits Utah
SALT LAKE CITY – The Archbishop of the Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America made an historic visit to Utah.
It’s a first-ever visit for His Eminence to our state, and previous Archbishops of America most recently visited Utah over 20 years ago.
Pictures show his visit a few days ago with leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
His Eminence met with the First Presidency Thursday morning, followed by a visit to Temple Square.
We also know Archbishop Elpidophoros met with Bishop Sollis of the Catholic Diocese of Salt Lake City, along with Reverend Moses with the Calvary Baptist Church.
KSL Newsradio’s Boyd Matheson had a chance to sit down with His Eminence Saturday and learned his mission here to Utah goes much further than interfaith dialogues.
“We need to remember what our Lord, Jesus Christ said while describing the final judgment. He was saying that when he will come back again, his second coming, judging the world, and certain people who deserve heaven and people who don’t deserve heaven. He will ask questions like, ‘I was hungry and you fed me, I was in prison and you came to visit me, I was naked and you clothed me,’ things that we sometimes forget,” the Archbishop said. “He will not ask who attended church services every Sunday, who fasted or who did not fast, but other things that we value more in our days. So he is in this aspect more revolutionary than we think and than we are. And he is showing us the way how to deal with each other, how to respect a human person without any prejudices.”
You can listen to Boyd’s interview with the Archbishop of America in its entirety Monday afternoon on Inside Sources at 1 p.m.
- Police: Man steals excavator, tears up ground outside grocery store (pageviews: 10928)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10276)
- Flash flood advisory for Salt Lake, Davis County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8607)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6176)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5885)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon (pageviews: 5171)
- Hiker seriously injured by falling rock in Little Cottonwood Canyon – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5037)