Firefighters knock down reported flare-up of Legacy Fire in Davis County
FARMINGTON, Utah — Fire crews responded to a blaze early Wednesday morning that they believe was a flare-up of the Legacy Fire.
Firefighters from multiple agencies across Davis County were dispatched and contained the fire to its location west of Glover Lane in Farmington.
Crews on scene said winds picked up a hot spot from the Legacy Fire, which was sparked by lightning on Sept. 10.
The Legacy Fire burned an estimated 300 acres due to “inaccessible terrain” and was controlled after a large storm rolled through the area.
View this post on Instagram
No homes were threatened by Wednesday’s flames. Officials said the fire was contained after they directed it to an area of frag surrounded by previously burned areas.
- A total lunar eclipse will turn the moon red. Here's how to watch (pageviews: 5221)
- Some high school seniors in Utah concerned about graduation attire – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5184)
- Fatal crash on I15 in Farmington, police investigating (pageviews: 3101)
- Police arrest man accused off fatally hitting a woman, dragging body (pageviews: 2965)
- Woman dies in rollover crash on I-215 (pageviews: 2647)
- Some high school seniors in Utah concerned about graduation attire (pageviews: 2373)