Firefighters knock down reported flare-up of Legacy Fire in Davis County
FARMINGTON, Utah — Fire crews responded to a blaze early Wednesday morning that they believe was a flare-up of the Legacy Fire.
Firefighters from multiple agencies across Davis County were dispatched and contained the fire to its location west of Glover Lane in Farmington.
Crews on scene said winds picked up a hot spot from the Legacy Fire, which was sparked by lightning on Sept. 10.
The Legacy Fire burned an estimated 300 acres due to “inaccessible terrain” and was controlled after a large storm rolled through the area.
View this post on Instagram
No homes were threatened by Wednesday’s flames. Officials said the fire was contained after they directed it to an area of frag surrounded by previously burned areas.
- Michigan school shooting suspect and his parents were isolated in the same facility and under suicide watch, sheriff said (pageviews: 7050)
- Michigan school officials had legal grounds to search shooting suspect's backpack and locker but did not, prosecutor says (pageviews: 3706)
- Missionary in serious but stable condition after being shot multiple times (pageviews: 3561)
- Daycare closed for meth contamination after child pornography charges (pageviews: 2809)
- Lighting Letdown: Customers call Gephardt after professional holiday light installer goes silent (pageviews: 2651)
- San Francisco restaurant owners apologize after refusing service to on-duty police officers (pageviews: 2381)
- One injured after road-rage shooting on SR 201 (pageviews: 1846)
- Utah woman sews success with her own online quilt shop (pageviews: 1806)
- Utah woman sews success with her own online quilt shop – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1783)