Body of woman found near I-15 in Millard County
FILLMORE, Utah — Investigators with the Utah Highway Patrol are examining an area adjacent to the freeway after the body of a woman was found along Interstate 15 in central Utah.
Troopers were dispatched to a single-vehicle crash late Tuesday night at milepost 170, approximately four miles north of Fillmore. Officials said troopers located the car, which had very little damage but was stuck in mud in the median.
A short time later, a truck driver stopped and alerted troopers to a body lying on the shoulder of the interstate south of their location.
Investigators initially believed there was a person at large who could be associated with the body and could be hitchhiking. An alert was sent out, warning the public not to pickup a person hitchhiking near milepost 170. Investigators later determined there was not another person outstanding, according to Sgt. Cam Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol.
The State Bureau of Investigation is processing the scene and interviewing any potential witnesses. Authorities said they have confirmed the woman was the registered owner of the vehicle that slid off the road and their investigation is ongoing.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 8313)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 8203)
- Biden caught on hot mic swearing at Fox News reporter (pageviews: 6228)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 5505)
- CDC adds 5 more Caribbean island destinations to its highest level of travel risk – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4192)
- Former BYU professor heads to court Feb. 14 for 7 counts of sexual abuse (pageviews: 4034)
- Spirit Airlines to begin SLC flights in May (pageviews: 4017)
- Utah man suffers life-threatening burns after smoking near oxygen tank (pageviews: 3472)
- NASA's James Webb Space Telescope reaches final stop, 1 million miles out (pageviews: 3398)