Body of woman found near I-15 in Millard County
FILLMORE, Utah — Investigators with the Utah Highway Patrol are examining an area adjacent to the freeway after the body of a woman was found along Interstate 15 in central Utah.
Troopers were dispatched to a single-vehicle crash late Tuesday night at milepost 170, approximately four miles north of Fillmore. Officials said troopers located the car, which had very little damage but was stuck in mud in the median.
A short time later, a truck driver stopped and alerted troopers to a body lying on the shoulder of the interstate south of their location.
Investigators initially believed there was a person at large who could be associated with the body and could be hitchhiking. An alert was sent out, warning the public not to pickup a person hitchhiking near milepost 170. Investigators later determined there was not another person outstanding, according to Sgt. Cam Roden with the Utah Highway Patrol.
The State Bureau of Investigation is processing the scene and interviewing any potential witnesses. Authorities said they have confirmed the woman was the registered owner of the vehicle that slid off the road and their investigation is ongoing.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 27530)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 9496)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8374)
- Anne Heche is 'not expected to survive,' family says in statement (pageviews: 6508)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine (pageviews: 4092)
- Search continues for Utah man shot at during police confrontation, abduction (pageviews: 2987)