Utah communities elect their first women mayors
SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — At least four cities and towns in Utah appear to have elected their first women mayors: West Valley City, Park City, Parowan and North Logan.
KUER-FM reports just 17% of Utah mayors are women, according to a January 2021 report from the Utah Women and Leadership Project at Utah State University.
That’s still a 9% increase from 2017.
North Logan’s mayor-elect Lyndsay Peterson says it represents an embracing of the future.
She hopes the perspectives she has are going to be reflective of a bigger swath of the broader community.
- Utah police ask for help locating suspect in Amazon robbery (pageviews: 3523)
- Real Housewives of SLC Jennie Nguyen no longer cast member after 'offensive' social media posts (pageviews: 3509)
- Body found in Jordan River, police investigating (pageviews: 3503)
- 3x Region Champs, North Sanpete drill coaches go viral in video (pageviews: 3387)
- Wednesday's Child: Creative 13-year-old Kaydee hopes to find forever family (pageviews: 2864)
- Sewage provides alternative insight into COVID-19 surge direction (pageviews: 2841)