For the first time since the start of the pandemic, all US temples open for proxy ordinances
SALT LAKE CITY— The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announced for the first time since the start of the pandemic that all 82 temples within the United States will be offering all living and proxy ordinances.
All of the temples for the Church were closed in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic and have been reopening in phases. Since that time, temple operations have continued in their four phase plan cautiously according to local conditions.
The most recent updates in temple openings are:
- The Montreal Quebec Temple returning to Phase 3 operations as early as Wednesday, Feb. 9, after having been paused recently for COVID-19 precautions.
- The Medford Oregon Temple moving to Phase 3 operations as early as Tuesday, Feb. 15. After previously operating in Phase 2-B, the temple has been closed for several months for extended maintenance.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10137)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 9660)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6421)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3625)