Utah man raises money to transport refugees to safety
Kevin Kunz is no stranger to giving to those in need. At the onset of the pandemic, he helped thousands suffering on the Navajo Nation.
Now, he’s compelled to provide aid to women, children and families fleeing Ukraine.
Two years ago, Kevin Kunz helped create a small donation drive for families on the Navajo Nation known as ‘Navajo Strong.’
“It reached critical mass where it continued forward moving and so I tried to move onto something else.”
His latest mission takes him to another part of the world in turmoil. For the next two weeks, he’ll assist refugees who have fled Ukraine.
“As things are starting to escalate more over there there’s going to be another flood of people and it overwhelms the trains, buses.”
Working with a local guide, he’ll help shuttle refugees to safety, provide meals and whatever else they need.
“If I can help get more people out and get them to safety then I will have called it a good day,” said Kunz.
He’s raised nearly $5000.
“I’m getting donations from friends in Japan as far away as Japan and Taiwan and Singapore.”
And hopes his example will inspire others to give.
“I think the more you know the people the more you love them. And you want to serve them.’”
His goal is to raise $15,000 – that will allow him to drive into Ukraine – pick up people, give them food and supplies, and cash – every bit will help them start their new life.
To donate, click here.
*KSL TV does not assure that the money deposited to the account will be applied for the benefit of the persons named as beneficiaries. If you are considering a deposit to the account, you should consult your own advisers and otherwise proceed at your own risk.
- Church opening six new missions in 2023 (pageviews: 12259)
- Here is a list of stores open on Thanksgiving day for that last-minute ingredient - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7066)
- Utah deputies identify suspect in 1972 murder, rape case; still looking for second suspect (pageviews: 6499)
- EXCLUSIVE: Man takes woman hostage on flight to SLC, Good Samaritan steps in (pageviews: 5989)
- Utahn charged with assault after allegedly holding blade to woman's throat on flight (pageviews: 5264)
- Utah man buys humidifier found with five packages of cocaine in it (pageviews: 5001)
- Two injured in I-80 crash; several crashes reported as Thanksgiving travel picks up (pageviews: 4528)