17 new temples announced during April 2022 General Conference
SALT LAKE CITY – The locations of 17 new temples were announced during the 192nd Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
President Russell M. Nelson made the announcement towards the end of the afternoon session on Sunday, April 3.
The new temples will be built at or near the following locations:
- Wellington, New Zealand
- Brazzaville, Republic of Congo
- Barcelona, Spain
- Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Cusco, Perú
- Maceió, Brazil
- Santos, Brazil
- San Luis Potosí, México
- Mexico City Benemérito, México
- Tampa, Florida
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Wichita, Kansas
- Austin, Texas
- Missoula, Montana
- Montpelier, Idaho
- Modesto, California
In his concluding remarks at the April 2022 #GeneralConference, President @NelsonRussellM announced plans to build 17 new temples throughout the world.https://t.co/DLT9ZsiFTJ pic.twitter.com/8UTZSxSnvN
— The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (@Ch_JesusChrist) April 3, 2022
Since becoming the leader of the Church in Jan. 2018, President Nelson has announced the construction of 100 additional temples.
He has now announced 100 new temples since 2018
— Ladd Egan (@laddegan) April 3, 2022
Following Sunday’s announcement, the Church now has 282 temples announced, under construction or operating.
- 17-year-old boy died by suicide hours after being 'sextorted' (pageviews: 39963)
- Friends remember mom, tattoo artist shot and killed in Pleasant Grove (pageviews: 16046)
- Man fatally shot on front porch in Springville, suspect identified at police department (pageviews: 5000)
- Man flown to hospital in South Jordan skydiving accident (pageviews: 4516)
- Man identified in Springville shooting of teen – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3789)
- Two dead, three hospitalized after a North Ogden pursuit (pageviews: 3736)