17 new temples announced during April 2022 General Conference
SALT LAKE CITY – The locations of 17 new temples were announced during the 192nd Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
President Russell M. Nelson made the announcement towards the end of the afternoon session on Sunday, April 3.
The new temples will be built at or near the following locations:
- Wellington, New Zealand
- Brazzaville, Republic of Congo
- Barcelona, Spain
- Birmingham, United Kingdom
- Cusco, Perú
- Maceió, Brazil
- Santos, Brazil
- San Luis Potosí, México
- Mexico City Benemérito, México
- Tampa, Florida
- Knoxville, Tennessee
- Cleveland, Ohio
- Wichita, Kansas
- Austin, Texas
- Missoula, Montana
- Montpelier, Idaho
- Modesto, California
In his concluding remarks at the April 2022 #GeneralConference, President @NelsonRussellM announced plans to build 17 new temples throughout the world.https://t.co/DLT9ZsiFTJ pic.twitter.com/8UTZSxSnvN
— The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (@Ch_JesusChrist) April 3, 2022
Since becoming the leader of the Church in Jan. 2018, President Nelson has announced the construction of 100 additional temples.
He has now announced 100 new temples since 2018
— Ladd Egan (@laddegan) April 3, 2022
Following Sunday’s announcement, the Church now has 282 temples announced, under construction or operating.
- Neighborhood supports family of West Jordan mom killed in Big Cottonwood Canyon crash (pageviews: 8218)
- Two teens killed in Lehi crash (pageviews: 5430)
- Heber homicide suspect found dead in Oregon (pageviews: 5285)
- Utah player suffers tragic accident just days before Little League World Series (pageviews: 4302)
- Several churches vandalized in Sandy and Orem (pageviews: 3784)
- Family friend remembers expectant West Jordan mother killed in crash (pageviews: 3460)