Crossing guard hit by car in Heber City
UPDATE: Police said Tuesday evening that the vehicle and driver have been located.
“This incident is still under investigation,” read the agency’s Facebook post.
Our original story continues below.
HEBER, Utah — Police are asking for the public’s help after a crossing guard was hit by a car Tuesday afternoon in Heber City.
The incident happened in the crosswalk of the Old Mill Elementary crossing on Mill Road at approximately 3:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Officials with the Heber City Police Department said the driver hit the crossing guard and then left the scene, traveling northbound on Mill Road.
“The vehicle is described as a black SUV with an adult female driver,” read a Tuesday afternoon Facebook post from the Heber City Police Department.
Anyone who witnessed the crash has been asked to call the Heber City Police Department at 435-654-3040 or the Wasatch County Dispatch at 435-654-1411.
Police said the crossing guard sustained minor injuries and will make a full recovery.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 16557)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16009)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 13809)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 9044)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7278)
- Missing Massachusetts girl found in Utah; man arrested for alleged human trafficking - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3003)