Suspected Utah drug trafficker arrested with dozens of pounds of drugs, 17 guns
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah — One man was arrested with dozens of pounds of various drugs and 17 guns in a drug bust of a Utah man using a search warrant.
Of the 17 guns recovered, two were stolen. In addition to the weapons, law enforcement agencies found 50 pounds of methamphetamine, 33 pounds of heroin, 13 points of cocaine and 5,000 fentanyl pills according to a release from the Department of Justice.
The DOJ charged Innocente Ramirez, 38, with a federal criminal complaint for possession of meth, heroin, cocaine, and fentanyl with the intent to distribute. The presence of firearms in connection with a drug possession elevates charges to suspected drug trafficking.
“During the search of Ramirez’s home, law enforcement seized two firearms, drug packaging material, and drug paraphernalia,” the release stated.
Prior to the bust, investigators looked into Ramirez’s suspected drug trafficking and officers took a delivery of a pound of meth from Ramirez and located his home in West Valley City and a storage unit in Salt Lake City where he stored narcotics.
U.S. Attorney’s Office for Utah will prosecute the case with special agents from Homeland Security and Utah County Major Crimes Task Force conducting the investigation.
“A criminal complaint is a formal accusation of criminal conduct, not evidence. Defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty,” DOJ said.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9917)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7430)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 4158)
- Live (pageviews: 3395)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 2952)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2084)