Utah man arrested for breaking into the same home multiple times, hiding under a young girl’s bed
MORGAN, Utah — A man is in custody and facing multiple charges after breaking into a home on several occasions and hiding under a young girl’s bed.
Garrett Brent Henstra Bills of Morgan Utah was charged with aggravated burglary, aggravated sex abuse of a child, first-degree felonies, and two counts of burglary, second-degree felonies.
The investigation began when police were dispatched to a burglary in process around 4:40 a.m. and found Bills and the homeowner “wrestling in the front room of the residence.”
Police detained Bills and the homeowner explained they found Bills hiding under their young daughter’s bed.
The homeowner explained their daughter told them, ” a male in all black wearing a mask had come inside of her room on two different occasions.” The first time, the child reported Bills had inappropriately touched her and hid under her bed.
Each time after that, Bills had hidden under the girl’s bed.
The third time, the homeowner located Bills under the bed ad attempted to stop the suspect when a “physical altercation took place.” Court documents state, “the altercation spilled out into the hallway,” and “caused the homeowner and the suspect to fall down the stairs in the home causing injuries to the homeowner.”
Bills was found wearing all black clothing with a shirt tied as a mask on his face when police detained him, the same description the young girl had given of the man entering her room on many occasions.
Court documents explain that Bills is a stranger to everyone in the residence.
In an interview with police, Bills said: “he did not know who the house belonged to and stated he was not sure why he went into the residence but stated it could have been to steal some money.”
Police discovered an open window in the kitchen with a missing screen and a backpack belonging to the homeowner was found outside the window.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9148)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 5383)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 3392)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 2595)
- Live (pageviews: 2201)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 2139)