$5,000 offered for information in Orem Temple arson arrest
OREM, Utah — A reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the arson at the Orem Utah Temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, according to police.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, in conjunction with the Orem Police Department, announced the fire was being investigated as arson.
The Orem Utah Temple, located at 1471 S. Geneva Road in Orem, was reported to be on fire on July 25 at approximately 11:10 p.m.
ATF-certified investigators responded to the scene “to provide investigational support for the Orem Police Department,” according to a release. Investigators found fire damage in an “isolated area of the temple” but significant smoke damage throughout the entire temple costing thousands of dollars.
ATF is offering a reward of up to $5,000 to anyone with information about this arson.
Those with information should contact ATF at (888) ATF-TIPS (1-888-283-8477) or the Orem Police Department at (801) 229-7070. Information can also be sent to ATFTips@atf.gov or through ATF’s website at www.atf.gov/contact/atftips. Tips can be submitted anonymously using the Reportit® app, available from both Google Play and the Apple App store, or by visiting www.reportit.com.
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 11575)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9563)
- Forest ranger quashes rumors of Pineview Reservoir in town meeting (pageviews: 5197)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 3641)
- Live (pageviews: 2740)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2074)