Orem Fire Department gets new tiller truck
OREM, Utah — The Orem Fire Department brought on a new addition to its fleet that firefighters say will help save lives.
Orem Fire Department Assistant Chief Shaun Hirst said they started down this road years ago, and the new tiller truck will help them go the extra mile.
“Three years ago into the design of it and ordered it two years ago,” Hirst said.
Orem Tiller No. 33 is now in service.
The new tiller’s first full day in operation is today! 🚒
From here on, the truck will be operated out of Station 33 which covers⬇️⬇️⬇️
– Freeway South to Provo
– Most of Vineyard@KSL5TV
— Karah Brackin (@KB_ON_TV) September 23, 2022
“This is kind of the capstone of that project,” Hirst said.
Hirst said this is going to change the game for the better by aiding in rescues and hard-to-reach places.
“I think they’re gonna see a better delivery of service. This tiller truck is also designed to be a heavy rescue. There’s a rear driver that provides us access into areas that we couldn’t get a normal ladder truck into,” Hirst said.
From here on, the truck will be operated out of Station 33, which covers Orem, Interstate 15 south to Provo and most of Vineyard.
They said the $1.6 million price tag is an investment that will be well worth it.
“We feel like we can get places. We can act faster,” Hirst said.
The department said operators went through a tiller operator course alongside Salt Lake City firefighters over the last three weeks to operate in the city.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3477)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)