Suzanne Harrison declares victory over incumbent in Salt Lake County Council race
DRAPER, Utah — Suzanne Harrison declared victory in her race for an at-large seat on the Salt Lake County Council on Monday night.
With the latest vote count update on Monday evening, Harrison, a current Democratic state representative, led incumbent Richard Snelgrove, a Republican, by more than 31,000 votes — or 10%. Harrison nearly doubled her lead since the last week, after pulling ahead by 16,000 votes on Wednesday.
“It is clear after tonight’s returns that Salt Lake County voters want to see the County Council move in a new direction,” Harrison said in a statement Monday. “… I want to sincerely thank Councilmember Snelgrove for his years of service to Salt Lake County. He invested his time and energy into serving our community and deserves our respect and gratitude.”
The Salt Lake County Council consists of nine members: three at-large members who represent the entire county for six-year terms, and six district members who are elected to represent geographical districts for four-year terms. Harrison will fill the county’s At-Large B seat through 2028.
Harrison said elected leaders “have a responsibility to focus on the issues that matter to residents” and said her campaign was built on “trying to help people.”
“The opportunity to serve as your next Salt Lake County Councilmember is a tremendous honor and I look forward to working together with local, county and state leaders alike,” Harrison said. “I originally decided to run for office because addressing the issues that impact our families’ lives matters to me. Together, we will work to lower the cost of living, clean up our air, conserve our water, and invest in resources that enhance the lives of all Salt Lake County residents. No matter your zip code or background, I am humbled to be at your service.”
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 17145)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 9231)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 5239)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4464)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4141)