Utah’s favorite Thanksgiving food is not among the national favorites
SALT LAKE CITY — While the rest of the country loves mashed potatoes, Utah has a different favorite Thanksgiving food.
You don’t have to be a full-time foodie to appreciate food on Thanksgiving. Most Americans are thankful for the holiday that celebrates giving thanks itself; after all, it is an all-you-can-eat day off work with football and booze on the side.
Physically I’m at work but mentally I am chowing down my 3rd plate of food on thanksgiving
— Edgar (@LifeOfEdgar) November 15, 2022
A survey of 2,100 Americans found that people don’t like some of the foods on the table.
Right now there is an aunt buying all the ingredients for that thing she brings every Thanksgiving that everyone in the family hates.
— Simon Holland (@simoncholland) November 14, 2022
According to the Americans surveyed, mashed potatoes are the favorite Thanksgiving food.
Though the feast might revolve around the presence of turkey, it was not the most popular dish. In fact, the gravy that you might dip your turkey in was rated as high as the turkey itself in second place.
The third most popular dish is macaroni and cheese.
This year at Thanksgiving, I'm hiding the mac & cheese to see who really has a thankful heart.
— Brock (@Brock_Teee) November 16, 2022
It’s rare to see a Thanksgiving feast photo without yams or sweet potatoes in some form, yet Utahns rated it the least popular dish on the table.
Cranberry sauce, perhaps the most common and most affordable food item, was the least favorite among Americans.
In Utah, Pumpkin Pie was rated higher than potatoes, turkey, gravy, and macaroni and cheese.
The survey also found that nearly half, 48%, of Utahns said they are likely to try vegan turkey alternatives this year.
Most Americans will be watching wallets in celebrating this year– 69% will look for budget-friendly meal options amidst inflated food costs, and 16% said they will order take-out instead.
As for drinks, the average drinker in Utah matches the national average at about three alcoholic drinks on Thanksgiving.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 17145)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 9231)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 5239)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4464)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4141)